We dreamt of a place where:
- Young persons learn how to learn and live a full life enjoying all that they see around them
- A student is not a number
- Teachers are cared for and haven´t lost their love for teaching
- Teachers aren´t harassed by test scores but free to teach and learn so that students are proficient and enriched in all that they do
- Young persons learn to research and learn on their own
- Students create and imagine and play and smile and laugh
- No one is bored or overworked
- No one is bullied by a classmate or an adult
- EVERY PERSON, young or old, feels WANTED
We dreamt of Gillingham Charter School. On June 7, 2011, the dream came true. Welcome to our school.
Clubs & Sports
- Rain or shine, weekly nature walks and student selected journaling using dry brush watercolor technique builds strong observation skills, awe and deep care for the natural world.
- Local nature guides, books and parks help students fall in love with the county’s beauty and wonder.
Other Ways We Enjoy the Outdoors:
- School-wide Gardening
- Classes and Lunches on Picnic Blankets
- Free Play at Break, Recess and After School
- Sports and PE