Bullying Prevention Helpline
PA’s Bullying Prevention Consultation Helpline 1-866-716-0424
How to file a records request:
1. In-Person or Mail to: Please submit the Right to Know Form with all requests.
Gillingham Charter School Attn: Rosella D’urso, Open Records Office 912 Howard Avenue Pottsville, PA 17901
2. Fax: Please fax the Standard Right-to-Know Request Form to: 570-955-3831 – Attention: Rosella D’urso.
3. Email: Please email the Standard Right-to-Know Request Form to: email@example.com Subject Line Must indicate: Right-to-Know Request
Additional information: Pennsylvania State Open Records Office Website Appeals Process: Please follow the instructions located at the Pennsylvania State Open Records Office Appeal Procedures
Gillingham Charter School 2016-2017 School Calendar
Gillingham Charter School Improvement Plan 2016-2017
Gillingham Charter School 2016-2017 Budget
Gillingham Charter School 2016-2017 Student Handbook
Everything a parent or student needs to know about attending Gillingham. PARENT, STUDENT AND SCHOOL COMPACT: RIGHTS AND RESPONSIBILITIES The school and community of Gillingham Charter School believe that it is only through the cooperation of the parents and school that children develop their full potential. In light of this, the school and parents will work cooperatively to provide for the successful education of their children as follows:
Parent Rights and Responsibilities The Parent/Guardian Agrees
• To become involved in developing, implementing, evaluating and revising the school/ parent-involvement policy.
• To use or ask for assistance that the local school provides on child development and teaching and learning methods as needed.
• To work with our child/children on their school assignments and to: – Ask them what they learned about that day – Encourage them to share their successes and their frustration – Provide assistance if necessary – Encourage them to read, write, and practice their work daily
• To monitor our child/children’s: – Attendance at school – Homework – Television watching – Computer and video game usage
• To share the responsibility for improved student achievement by: – Documenting daily reading with their child – Providing a quiet place for homework – Setting aside a specific time for homework – Assisting with homework as necessary – Encouraging positive attitudes toward school – Requiring regular school attendance – Giving the child the necessary supplies to do school work • To communicate with our child/children’s teachers about their educational needs.
• To ask parents and parent groups to provide information from the school on what type of training or assistance they would like and/or need to help them be more effective with their child/children in the educational process.
• To provide a healthy and safe environment.
• To volunteer in school and to attend school meetings.
• To encourage students to find activities that promote citizenship, work ethic and healthy lifestyles.
• To respect cultural, racial and ethnic differences.